Fjordhus Reivers U12 mixed
Fjordhus Reivers run seven Participation Centres across the Scottish Borders.
This is to ensure all Primary school age children have the opportunity to play in club hockey.
We offer a comprehensive coaching programme for this age group, run by a team of qualified coaches, all supported by the one club.
- All players play 6-a-side mini-hockey at Festivals
- Emphasis is on fun, safety and trying out skills
- There are no winners or recording of results
- Rules of Mini Hockey apply – rules are sympathetically applied
Teams are mixed
Fjordhus Reivers U12, Primary School Participation Centres
|Participation Centre||Location||Day||Time||Coach||Contact Details|
|GalashielsFjordhus Reivers||Tweedbank||Thursday||4.30pm-5.30pm||Lauren Grantemail@example.com|
|JedburghFjordhus Reivers||Jedburgh GrammarSchool||TBC||TBC||TBC|
|EarlstonFjordhus Reivers||Earlston High School||Monday||5.15pm-6.15pm||Claire Townsendfirstname.lastname@example.org 07760380483|
|HawickFjordhus Reivers||Volunteer Park(Until Oct break)Hawick H. S. Games Hall(After Oct Break)||Monday||5pm-6pm||Ruth Hounamemail@example.com 079433965068|
Who we play against
- Players have the opportunity to play in Participation Festivals organised by the Borders Hockey Development team
- The Programme of Festivals can be found on the Calendar of Events
Selection and Organisation
- The Coach will request availability 1-4 weeks in advance and you will be emailed on the timing and location early in the week before each Festival.
- Any changes in the final week should be sent to your Coach
- Contact your coach with any problems or questions on the day of the match or tournament.
- Players should arrive ready to play at least 15 minutes before the start
Travel and Directions
- Parents are encouraged to come to training and to Festivals to support
- Travel is direct
- Advise the coach if children are being taken or collected by someone other than a parent
- Directions will be provided by links to other clubs’ websites
What to Bring
- Mouth guard and shin pads (strongly recommended)
- Club kit should be worn to all training and Festivals where possible
- Warm and waterproof clothing for between matches
- Plenty to drink
- Healthy Snacks